December 9, 2016
Dear Parents and Friends,
We just finished our Christmas piano recital on Tuesday, and the music has me in the Christmas spirit! Next week we have a lot of things going on to continue with Christmas celebrations, and I wanted to make sure you are aware of them all.
· Next Wednesday night, 12/14 we have free tickets to the Christmas Carol at the Tulsa Preforming Arts Center. The tickets are available at the front desk, and are first come first serve. We have 75 tickets so you can have extra if there are others you would like to bring along.
· Thursday is our last day before the Christmas Break (students will return Tuesday, January 3). Our celebrations will start on Thursday morning with a pancake breakfast for the students (and parents are welcome too) anytime between 7am and 8am. We will then meet Santa over at the Orpheum Theater at 9:15, and see a movie at 10am (The Life of Pets). In the afternoon classroom celebrations are scheduled.
· We will have aftercare available on Thursday for any of our aftercare students who need it.
· Thursday evening is the Christmas Parade. We have a great float courtesy of our Parent’s Association, the Polar Express Train. It will be a great time so come join us! Make sure to find our float along the parade route on 6th street. The judges come early so make sure to get there at 5:30pm. The Parent’s Association is organizing where each of the students will be (younger student on the float in the train, and older students walking alongside the float). You can email Kelley Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to get your spot picked out as well as information about what to wear.
· Lastly, the office will be closed over the break. Please make sure to bring your December tuition payment to the office by Thursday. We will also send another invitation to the parent portal tomorrow, and you can pay online anytime during the month of December.
· Thank you for helping make Stonebridge such a great place to work! I truly am blessed every day by getting to be a part of your student’s life. Merry Christmas!
My blog: http://www.sbridgeacademy.org/mr-hawthornes-blog
Head of School
Be Kind, Work Hard, Get Smart
Mr. Hawthorne has over 17 years of experience in education, both in K-12 and college environments. He is a native Oklahoman and a graduate of Oklahoma State University where he received the Truman Scholarship. He completed his Master's degree at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, and is working on his doctorate in education (curriculum, teaching, learning and leadership) at Northeastern University in Boston. Mr. Hawthorne is the Founding Head of School of Stonebridge Academy.